Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still being held captive in Dubai


Instagram

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still being held hostage in Dubai for nonpayment of an unknown debt.

Boxer Gervonta “Tank” Davis first broke the news that Mayweather was being held captive in Dubai.

Davis said Mayweather should “go live” on Instagram to prove he’s not in Dubai.

Photo may have been deleted

Photo may have been deleted

50 Cent commented on the report in a social media post according to Eurweb.com.

“Oh nah, this sh*t is real. @gervontaa would not say no sh*t like that if it wasn’t official. Me and Champ be beefing, but he my brother. I got some money if he need it!”

Photo may have been deleted
Instagram

Apparently, Mayweather was fronted an insane amount of cash at a “casino”. But he promptly lost all the money gambling.

As of now, there are no legal casinos in Dubai. So it must have been a private casino.

Mayweather’s private jet is reportedly surrounded by police, and his money is no good at the Dubai airport.

According to boxing promoter Rick Glaser, Mayweather is free to move around Dubai — he just can’t leave the country until he pays what he owes.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Glaser updated his X/Twitter followers on Mayweather’s situation on Monday.

“Just got off the phone with my guy in Dubai, he told me that #Floyd #Mayweather is definitely being held by the Government court system there as he owes a substantial amount of money in Dubai. They take indebtedness over there very seriously. Was told the debt is #unassociated with #Boxing. Floyd’s desperately trying to work things out, to no avail so far. So @Gervontaa #TankDavis is correct that Floyd’s being held there!!!”

A “substantial amount of money” is likely in the hundreds of millions of dollars range. One thing we do know is Dubai is notorious for holding Americans captive if they owe any amount of money.

The news media here has been suspiciously quiet about the Mayweather rumors.

So far, the White House has not commented on the reports either.

Loading

Comments
Advertisement

Facebook

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Sportswire via Getty Images WNBA star Caitlin Clark was injured during Monday night’s game between the Indiana Fever and Connecticut Sun. Clark ran into...

Entertainment

MediaPunch / BACKGRID NYC’s mayor is considering revoking Sean Combs’s key to the city. Mayor Eric Adams says he and a committee voted to...

Entertainment

Ayo seems very annoyed as she nervously fidgets with a water bottle. With the flick of her wrist, she signals for him to stop....

Entertainment

MEGA/WENN A New York artist who painted an official portrait of former President Barack Obama denies sexual assault accusations made by an artist from...

Entertainment

After Cassie filed a $30 million lawsuit in November 2023, a video resurfaced that showed LeBron James saying, “there’s no party like a Diddy...

Entertainment

Patrick McDermott/Getty Images Simone Biles lashed out at social media users who continue to “disrespect” her husband, Jonathan Owens, according to People.com. Jonathan was...

Entertainment

MEGA/WENN Sean Combs is bracing for more damaging video leaks, according to sources. Last week, CNN exclusively obtained a video that showed Combs kicking...

Entertainment

Screengrab Sean Combs apologized and begged for forgiveness in a video posted on his Instagram page on Sunday. Combs acknowledged kicking and stomping his...

Entertainment

“John Legend and Chrissy Teigen just kicked us out of the photo booth after we waited 30 mins to get pics.” Screengrab Chrissy Teigen...

Advertisement

Copyright © 2022 I AM SISSY BROWN

Back